Last updated: May 29, 2020
1. What does Keller do?
Keller provides marketing services to a range of industries with a high focus on the trade industry. Keller assists businesses with their overall brand image both digitally and traditionally. Keller will assist businesses with their businesses brand, marketing and customer experience.
2. Information collected
We collect information about visitors to our Site, our customers and their users, job applicants, and users of our customer’s social media pages / properties.
Such information is collected from the following sources:
- Information We Collect Directly from You: The type of information that we collect directly from you varies based on your interaction with our Site and our Service. We collect information directly from you when you register an account with us, liaise with us on a customer service issue, apply for a job, and complete an application or other forms on the Site and/or Service. We also collect information that you send us via any medium, including, but not limited to email and telephone. In addition, we collect information about you from your social media interactions on third party social media properties, such as your social media handle, username, profile, postings, and messages you exchange with our customers.
- Information We Receive from Customers: We receive information from customers in order to provide our Service. Such information may include a user’s social media handle, username, profile picture, biography, follower counts, website URL, first and last name (if provided by user), password (if provided by user) and messages or communications with our customers. We collect information from individuals employed by our customers such as their contact information in order to provide our Service.
3. Information Collected Automatically
When you visit our Site or use our Service, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be
considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), third party webpages accessed via the Service and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Site (including the pages accessed and links clicked) or Service (including content accessed).
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Site or use our Service, where they come from, and what content and functionality is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Site and/or Service to our visitors and users.
4. Information from Other Services
We also collect information from other sources. The following are the categories of sources we collect information from:
- Data brokers or resellers from which we purchase data to verify and supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Site or Service, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
6. Use of Information
- Operate and improve the Site and Service;
- Provide users or customers with the Service and other products and services that a user or customer may request or that a user or customer has expressed interest in;
- Facilitate subscription processing, reviews and analysis;
- Evaluate user interest and needs in order to improve the Service and make available other offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services we make available to users or customers and potential users or customers;
- Monitor use of the Service;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to users through email or other means, such as special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Conduct online research surveys regarding the Site and/or Service;
- Combine datasets to create aggregated data for internal evaluation and analysis;
- Share anonymised or personalised tokens across all Keller services in order to provide the Service;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, product announcements, security alerts and support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through email messages;
- As necessary to consider your job application for open positions, process your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references;
- Manage our everyday business needs such as Site and/or Service administration, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations, legal terms and any other contractual agreement relating to our Service or to comply with the law; and
- Fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see “Your Data Protection Rights” below.
7. To Whom We May Share Your Information
- to our customers in connection with us processing information on their behalf to provide social media management, social advocacy, social analytics, and social listening services. For example, we share information with our customers in order to facilitate your orders, maintain and administer your online accounts, respond to your questions and comments, comply with your requests, market and advertise to you and otherwise comply with applicable law;
- to resellers, in a limited number of countries and only where permitted by applicable law. We may provide contact information of customers / potential customers to such reseller to market our Service.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or court order or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to vendors for business and commercial purposes, including analytics and advertising technology companies. Vendors may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Cookies, similar tracking technology, and analytics” section below;
- to any other person with notice to you and your consent to the disclosure;
- when you voluntarily enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, we share information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials;
- when you make information public through the Site or Service, such as information in your profile or that you post or comment on public boards, including through Disqus and social media, your information is publicly viewable. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information, subject to additional rights set out in the “Your Data Protection Rights” section below; and
8. Cookies, similar tracking technology and analytics
We also use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how users access and use the Service. In addition, we also use audience matching services to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Service or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by us uploading a customer list to a technology service or incorporating a pixel from a technology service into our own Service, and the technology service matching common factors between our data and their data. For instance, we incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Service and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences.
Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/
To opt out of us using your data for Matched Ads, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and specify that you wish to opt out of matched ads. We will request that the applicable technology service not serve you matched ads based on information we provide to it. Alternatively, you may directly contact the applicable technology service to opt out.
9. Social Media and Technology Integrations
We offer parts of our Service through websites, platforms, and services operated or controlled by separate entities, In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by separate entities into parts of our Site and Service. Some examples include:
- Links. Our Site and Service includes links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us.
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Site or Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your account through social media. If you choose to engage with such integration, we may receive information from the social network that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the social network may independently collect information about you through the integration.
10. Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How to Contact Us” heading below
. Note that if you submit a request to delete your information, this may prohibit you from using the Site and/or Service. If you have authorized us to access your data via the YouTube API Services, then in addition to our normal procedure for deleting stored data, you may revoke our access to your data via the Google security settings page, located at https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data, or request portability of your personal data. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How to Contact Us” heading below. Note that if you submit such a request, this may prohibit you from using the Site and/or Service.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the How to Contact Us” heading below. Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address, device, and phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Where we process your information solely on behalf of a customer, we may be legally required to forward your request directly to our customer and/or social media business partners for their review / handling.
11. Security & User ID/Password
Our Site and/or Service implements and maintains various reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. These security safeguards include, but are not limited to, network and host security controls (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems, etc.), data encryption (both at rest and during transmission), and operating procedures that are designed to protect your information. You should protect your user ID and password and NOT share it with anyone. Additionally, enabling two-step verification or SSO integration, where available, is also recommended. If you believe your user ID and password have been compromised or you have trouble changing your user ID/password on the Site or Service, please contact our technical support department (firstname.lastname@example.org
). Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
12. Data retention
We retain information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymise it in accordance with our data retention policy, or, in the limited circumstances where this is not possible (for example, because your information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
13. International Transfers
Your information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our servers are located in the United States, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your information we may process it in any of these countries.
15. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your information, please contact us using the following details: email@example.com